This blog is intended to cronicle the happenings in the lives of those currently living in 2103 Prince George's Hall.

20050424

Pig Roast! A Case Study in Fire-Protection Engineering

Okay, so the Knights of Columbus Pig Roast was yesterday, and like so many spectacularly over-ambitious projects we take on, it was very nearly a disaster. This time we came especially close. With only about 20 minutes of cooking to go, the pig ignited entirely, the wood cover of the barbeque nearly did so, and without much imagination, one could see all of the CSC forest going up in flames. After a day of welding, cooking, barbequeing, and fire fighting, I am minus quite a bit of hair on my right arm, my eyebrows and eyelashes are singed and I have first-degree and some areas of second-degree burns on my arms and hands.

But it was worth it.

In the hopes that the pig roast can continue as a tradition of Sedes Sapientiae Council and that the mistakes of this year are not repeated, I will eventually post here an analysis of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home