This blog is intended to cronicle the happenings in the lives of those currently living in 2103 Prince George's Hall.

20050411

gross

okay, I went racing this weekend, and i even bought a special set of lower gears for this mountain climb we were doing saturday. The race was going well, and in the 45 miles before the final 5 of climbing I was really riding smart, keeping in the front but out of the wind, following breaks, and generally keeping with smart tactics. After 40 miles of riding though, I'm going through this turn in second position, tucked in very close to the fellow in front of me, when the fellow in front of me stops turning an rides off the road. I maintained my turning radius and as a result found that there was a huge patch of gravel on the road where he had stopped turning. I lost control of the front wheel and slid out right through the gravel. As a result of popular demand (a request/taunt from reader hlfblkcalicojack= Sierra Correa), I have posted some pics of the wounds below for your amusement.


gross pic1
gross pic2
gross pic3
gross pic4
gross pic5
gross pic6
gross pic7
gross pic8

The photos were taken after multiple amature cleanings, including soaks with hydrogen peroxide, 15 minutes of irrigation, iodine wiping, etc. As you can see it was little avail. No worries though I got a professional cleaning from the tender hands at the help center.

Lest you think my weekend was ruined, I should point out that sunday I rode another race and placed second, so I did have some decent results despite the crash.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is disgusting
-cari

7:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home