This blog is intended to cronicle the happenings in the lives of those currently living in 2103 Prince George's Hall.

20050306

Pasta Dinner

So last week I agreed to host a Pasta Dinner Friday evening to prepare ourselves for the first race. I made all kinds of plans to get my carless self to the grocery store and to put together a terrific menu, as certain cyclists can be extremely hard to please-some even get the label "pre-Madonna." At this point I'm thinking I need to make something great everyone will enjoy to foster a good time and prove myself as some of the other members really look down their noses at me, for I tend to eat a lot, and I'm not very picky. To a pre-Madonna, someone who is not picky is someone with really bad taste so I think this is why not very many people had RSVPed. This also may have had to do with a statement in the invitation about habaneros.

Then, Thursday evening the best looking girl on the cycling team reminds me that she is planning on making tons of baked ziti, and can bring some Cesar salad too, and that I don't need to do anything. She puts this on our cycling forum and our listserv and bam, all of a sudden lots of people are free to come. We filled my little apartment and had a great time shooting each other with the various nerf guns our apartment keeps a stalk of. The only down note was that not having checked my email all day I didn't clear enough room for all the guests to sit, but I think everyone made do and had a good time. I think she really made the party a success.

Moral of the story:Beautiful women who can cook are great. Especially for parties.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assuming we're talking about Adam, he's a prima donna, not a pre-madonna. Either way, he's a jerk. Thanks to the whole apartment for hosting this thing. It was bitchin'.
-Matt

4:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to point out the "prima donna" thing, but it looks like it's already been done. "Prima Donna" is Italian for "first lady" and refers originally to opera singers. This evolved, of course, to apply to all people who have a flair for drama and conceit. Now I'm realizing that this whole post makes me sound conceited. I'm out.

10:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home